Here is the mailbox that inspired this blog. It was in Columbus, Ohio, on Dublin Road north of Trabue Road - no longer accepting mail, as a new cousin stands across the road. Send in your pictures of rusty mailboxes to join it!

RustyMailBoxes@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

RM #779

Dayna Sigl shares her family's mailbox near Chancellor, South Dakota - our first RM from that state. She says, "This is the original mailbox that my grandfather put up when he built the house circa 1938. The large SIGL letters were put on my my mother in the early 1990's, but you can still see where my grandfather's name, "Joseph Sigl" is written near the flag (I should have had the good sense to put the flag up). It's been put on a new base now, but it used to sit on an old chain that had been welded stiff and driven into the ground like a post. Growing up, I thought it was a magic chain..."

Thanks, Dayna!

No comments:

Post a Comment